(904) 284 8410
Area of Expertise or Practices:
- Assist clients in foreclosure; defend foreclosure lawsuits, assist with loss mitigation application process and follow up of modification analysis and negotiation.
- Prepare and attend mediation conferences with clients to resolve foreclosure cases prior to judgment.
- Represent clients in consumer cases, including identity theft victims, against violations of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Unfair and Deceptive Practices, and Florida Consumer Collection Practices.
- Provide advice to homeowners facing possible foreclosure, focusing on ways to avoid foreclosure filing through pre-foreclosure loss mitigation and monitoring and advising clients through the loss mitigation process.
- Train and advise other consumer attorneys on effective use of Federal HAMP loan modification programs.
- Represent Domestic Violence victims in court proceedings for Requests for Protection from Domestic or Sexual Violence.
- Advise and represent tenants to identify and challenge prohibited practices by Landlords.
- Identify systemic violations of consumer protection laws for referral to class actions.
- Research and advocacy involving Foreclosure Rescue Consultant abuses.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations:
- National Association of Consumer Advocates, Member 2010 – Present
- National Consumer Law Center, Member 2010-Present
- Clay County Bar Association, Member 2010 – Present
- National Housing Network Learning Alliance, National Council of La Raza
- Foreclosure Prevention Techniques Instructor
- B.A. History, University of North Florida
- J.D. Florida Coastal School of Law