Michael Freed wants to make an impact! Gunster business litigator Michael Freed believes in community involvement and is an advocate & Pro Bono attorney for the Jacksonville Area Legal Aid (JALA).
Mike wants to Celebrate Pro Bono and bring awareness to the huge unmet need for legal services for the low income community and for funding the legal aid organizations that work to fill this “justice gap.”
In a monumental effort to raise funds for JALA, Mike will run from Tallahassee to Jacksonville – 6 Marathons in 6 Days. Starting at the Florida Supreme Courthouse in Tallahassee, Mike will “Blaze a Path to Justice” across Florida, ending with an event titled The Finish Line – Celebrating Pro Bono Attorneys throughout the 4th Circuit at the Duval County Courthouse on Friday, June 2nd from 3:30pm – 5:30pm.
Each day at 7:30 AM, Mike will begin at another courthouse on his 6-marathons-in-6-days quest as follows:
- Sunday, May 28th – Florida Supreme Courthouse, Tallahassee
- Monday, May 29th – Jefferson County Courthouse, Monticello
- Tuesday, May 30th – Madison County Courthouse, Madison
- Wednesday, May 31st – Suwanee County Courthouse, Live Oak
- Thursday, June 1st – Columbia County Courthouse, Lake City
- Friday, June 2nd – Baker County Courthouse, Macclenny
(finishing at the Duval County Courthouse, Jacksonville, FL)
Freed to Run: 6 Marathons in 6 Days – Press Release (pdf format)